By: Rpf Gakwerere
After the brutal assassination of founding fathers of Rwanda Patriotric Army/Front, Gen Fred Rwigema, Major Peter Bayingana and Major Chris Bunyenyezi, by criminal Paul Kagame and his murderous clique; criminal Paul Kagame started what he called at the time “FAGIYA NDANI.” A process of eliminating those he perceived to be threats or challengers to his selfish plan of ascending to power.
He started with the brutal assassination of Col Adam Waswa, who had become the overall commander of Rwanda Patriotric Army after the assassination of Gen Fred Rwigema, Major Peter Bayingana and Major Chris Bunyenyezi. A clean officer who was brutally assassinated by then Captain Dr Joseph Kalemera (now a retired Colonel) and 2nd Lieutenant Dan Gapfizi (himself assassinated at the rank of Brigadier General after falling out with criminal Paul Kagame), on direct orders of criminal Paul Kagame.
Criminal Paul Kagame’s internal clean up operations within Rwanda Patriotric Army (RPA) didn’t stop with those who had served with him in the National Resistance Army (now UPDF), he also went after any Tutsi that had influence. It is from this evil mindset that he went for the lives of leaders of Rwandan Youths born in Burundi who had come to join Rwanda Patriotric Army/F. These Rwandan Youths from Burundi were educated, disciplined and from reputable Tutsi families.
According to Rwanda Patriotric Front (RPF) archive, which I have personally read, in 1981, a Rwandan youth association was formed in Burundi – Association des Jeunes Rwandais en Exil (AJRE), in english “Association of Rwandan Youth In Exile (ARYE).” It was led by a charismatic and well educated Louis de Montfort Kanamugire.
According to this Archive record, in 1987, Association des Jeunes Rwandais en Exil (AJRE) – (Association of Rwandan Youth In Exile – ARYE) changed name to Jeunesse Patriotique Rwandaise (JPR) – (Rwandan Patriotic Youth – (RPY).
In 1990, when Rwanda Patriotric Army/Front liberation struggle started, members of the leadership structure of the above mentioned organisation who happened to have joined the military struggle were brutally eliminated on direct orders of criminal Paul Kagame. These brutal eliminations weren’t only confined to leadership members of the above mentioned association, it jumped to Youths from francophone countries who had come to join the liberation struggle most especially those from Rwanda who were less trusted.
After the 1994 war, relatives of those who were eliminated by Criminal Paul Kagame during the liberation struggle moaned their relatives under beliefs that they died while fighting in the liberation struggle, not knowing they were brutally eliminated by those they assumed to be their brothers and comrades.
Below are some of the names of Rwandan youth leaders in Burundi who at one point were leaders of the above mentioned association, they were brutally eliminated on direct orders of criminal Paul Kagame.
According to all sources, the individuals who are mentioned below, were leaders of Rwandan youths in Burundi, and they were brutally eliminated between December 1990 and January 1991.
1) Louis de montfort Kanamugire (Moved to Uganda for training in May 1986). He was a graduate from the National University of Birundi.
He was brutally eliminated by Criminal Paul Kagame’s killing squad of Emmanuel Gasana alias Rurayi, Silas Udahemuka and Dan Dan Munyuza.
2) Innocent Rigogwe (Moved to Uganda for military training in 1987). He was a graduate from the National University of Burundi. He was brutally eliminated by Criminal Paul Kagame’s killing squad of Emmanuel Gasana alias Rurayi, Silas Udahemuka and Dan Munyuza.
4) Rugatu (joined the Rwanda Patrick Army in October 1990). He was a graduate from the National University of Burundi. He was brutally eliminated by Criminal Paul Kagame’s killing squad of Emmanuel Gasana alias Rurayi, Silas Udahemuka and Dan Munyuza.
5) Kizito, (Moved to Uganda for military training in 1987). He was a graduate from the National University of Burundi. He was brutally eliminated by Criminal Paul Kagame’s killing squad of Emmanuel Gasana aliad Rurayi, Silas Udahemuka and Dan Munyuza.
6) Jean Pierre Ruhinguka, Joined the Rwanda Patriotric Army in October 1990). He joined the Rwanda Patriotric Army/Rwanda Patriotric Front movement when he was a final year (5th year) medical student at the National University of Burundi. He was brutally eliminated by Criminal Paul Kagame’s killing squad of Emmanuel Gasana alias Rurayi, Silas Udahemuka and Dan Munyuza.
After the war, criminal Paul Kagame has continuously rewarded the bloodthirsty trio of Emmanuel Gasana, Silas Udahemuka and Dan Munyuza with Military ranks that they don’t at all merit and fat positions. It’s of recent that Emmanuel Gasana’s luck came to a halt, with him being unceremoniously dismissed from his position, interrogated and incarcerated at Mulindi military detention.
With the help of criminal Paul Kagame’s estranged wife – Jeannette Nzirorera Kajuga Gasana Kagame who was also born in Burundi, the star for those Rwandans who were born from Burundi is shining. Currently, they are slowly consolidating power, with key strategic military, political and diplomatic positions.
With internal intrigues, backbiting and extreme mistrust eating the satanic regime ruling the Potato enclave – Rwanda, the ruthless dictator has shifted to Rwandans born in Burundi for protection and his regime survival. Those that he once killed and marginalised are now responsible for his security and regime survival.
Related article in regard to power shift within Dictator Paul Kagame’s brutal regime:
N.B: you can follow me at – Robert Patrick Fati Gakwerere page (Facebook page), @RGakwerere (tweeter) or at my blog – rpfgakwerere.org.
However, for those in the enclave – Rwanda, the blog rpfgakwerere.org was blocked by the junta regime, it can’t be accessed unless you are using VPN.