BY: Rpf Gakwerere
They first came with 2 billion Ugandan Shillings, Mr Sodo refused and he said he can’t be bribed. They came back with higher figure of 5 billion Uganda Shillings, and Mr Sodo said he isn’t for sell. Sam Kutesa then upgraded his dirty tricks by putting pressure on President Museveni and Gen Salim Saleh to convince my Kafunda boy – Sodo to withdraw his candidature in favour of Kutesa’s daughter – a political novice, and this selfish move has worked.
Since 10th January 21, to last night 12th January 21, there were different meetings aimed at exerting enormous pressure on Sodo to withdraw his candidature for Mawogola North parliamentary seat race.
What has Sam Kutesa done in order to push Sodo out in favour of his daughter.
1) Mr Sodo cleanly won the NRM primaries, but Sam Kutesa used his influence to stop NRM from declaring Sodo as NRM candidate for Mawogola North parliamentary seat race. NRM Secretariat released a statement saying they don’t have a candidate for Mawogola North parliamentary seat race.
2) Mr Sodo then used legal channels, and the court declared him NRM candidate for Mawogola North parliamentary seat race because he had legally won NRM primaries. He petitioned the high court through his lawyers Acardia Advocates accusing the NRM party leadership for failing to declare him the winner of the primaries after defeating his main rival, Shartsi Kutesa. The court noted the NRM Elections Dispute Tribunal acted in violation of the NRM Elections regulations of 2020 when it failed to make a definitive decision to declare the winner, and Justice Musa Ssekaana declared Sodo as NRM’s legitimate candidate in Mawogola North parliamentary seat race.
* Unfortunately, party or state rules don’t apply to Sam Kutesa, the DP man under the cover of NRM decided along time ago that her daughter has to be a Member of Parliament by all means necessary, including crashing real winners and genuine NRM cadres.
What Mr Sodo has foregone in life in the name of Family.
* Mr Sodo is extremely a very kind person, down to earth and someone who puts interests of others ahead of his. Ask anyone who has been in contact with him from village, schools, work or social life. Sodo is a person who you would like to be your representative, the man would totally forward your interests. A pure gentleman. Over the years, Sodo has forgone his dreams and aspirations in the name of family.
1) Mr Sodo, who was intelligent at school sacrificed his dreams of being a lawyer when his father, Mzee Kaguta wanted his services to manage his farm. When Sodo went to a boarding school, everything at Mzee Kaguta went on standstill, as farm workers, house boys, house girls, cousins…etc went on strike because of missing Sodo. They were all demanding for Sodo to comeback home. Young Sodo was pulled out of a boarding school to go and manage the father’s farm.
2) Mr Sodo, joined the military, young Sodo wanted to build a career in the military, and towards finishing of his military course, young Sodo was pulled out of the course because Mzee Kaguta wouldn’t be at peace without seeing his son – Sodo around him. Sodo sacrificed his dream for the sake of his aging father.
3) Now, Mr Sodo, decides to join politics and serve wanainchi, again his being told to sacrifice his dream in favour of a parachuted burger – chicken nugget girl. WTF is this?
Now, clueless Burger – chicken nugget girl is going to join parliament through the backdoor by coercing a great man into submission.
Sam Kutesa should have empowered his daughter into managing his vast wealth rather than selfishly coming to crash dreams of genuine NRM cadre(s).
The founding fathers of NRM believed in fair-Impartial competition, the rights for people to follow their dreams and aspirations, obviously DP man Sam Kutesa doesn’t know this. Otherwise, he wouldn’t have pushed out a better candidate for selfish interests.
After confirming to the press on how he has been forced to pull out of the parliamentary race, Sodo noted to the press, “for President, I support Mr Museveni, then other positions, I leave the people to vote their best choices.”